Not glimpsed in the Booth since earning a standing ovation for Applaud Me back in September, J.Gunn makes his long-awaited return to our pages with Shiraz Life, a new single selection off his most recent street release. Here, The Jake sets the mood with sliced-and-diced jazz samples as the First in Flight State spitter drops verses packed from bottom to top with self-assured braggadocio. Keith Corbett guests, contributing a soulful hook as well as backing vocals throughout. Craving more? You’re in luck; released back in May, The Earl Manigault Project is available for download from the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 12/20/11
Submit your Rating
Red Eye Lifestyle
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Applaud Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.