Not glimpsed in the Booth since earning a standing ovation for Applaud Me back in September, J.Gunn makes his long-awaited return to our pages with Shiraz Life, a new single selection off his most recent street release. Here, The Jake sets the mood with sliced-and-diced jazz samples as the First in Flight State spitter drops verses packed from bottom to top with self-assured braggadocio. Keith Corbett guests, contributing a soulful hook as well as backing vocals throughout. Craving more? You’re in luck; released back in May, The Earl Manigault Project is available for download from the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 12/20/11
Submit your Rating
Red Eye Lifestyle
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Applaud Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.