The future is now, Booth readers…. and, to be honest, it sounds sort of like 2008. Formerly known as J Money (but not to be confused with this J-Money), Universal Republic signee J Futuristic has stepped out of his time machine with Go Go Go, a new single which is more than a little reminiscent of a certain smash hit from a rapper whose name starts with “T” and ends with “I”. But, hey, is that such a bad thing? Jim Jonsin‘s bubbly synths sound as fresh as ever on this radio-ready cut, and the ATL emcee tackles the “I’ll buy you stuff and take you on crazy-expensive vacations” theme with plenty of panache. Booth-approved R&B singer Lloyd handles guest duties, stepping up to the mic to provide a guest verse as well as delivering a hook befitting a potential hit. Is Go Go Go appealing enough to make waves despite covering well-trodden thematic territory? That, of course, is for you to decide. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on J. Futuristic’s J Neutron LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 05/2/10
Bases Loaded/Universal Republic
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.