The future is now, Booth readers…. and, to be honest, it sounds sort of like 2008. Formerly known as J Money (but not to be confused with this J-Money), Universal Republic signee J Futuristic has stepped out of his time machine with Go Go Go, a new single which is more than a little reminiscent of a certain smash hit from a rapper whose name starts with “T” and ends with “I”. But, hey, is that such a bad thing? Jim Jonsin‘s bubbly synths sound as fresh as ever on this radio-ready cut, and the ATL emcee tackles the “I’ll buy you stuff and take you on crazy-expensive vacations” theme with plenty of panache. Booth-approved R&B singer Lloyd handles guest duties, stepping up to the mic to provide a guest verse as well as delivering a hook befitting a potential hit. Is Go Go Go appealing enough to make waves despite covering well-trodden thematic territory? That, of course, is for you to decide. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on J. Futuristic’s J Neutron LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 05/2/10
Submit your Rating
Bases Loaded/Universal Republic
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.