The future is now, Booth readers…. and, to be honest, it sounds sort of like 2008. Formerly known as J Money (but not to be confused with this J-Money), Universal Republic signee J Futuristic has stepped out of his time machine with Go Go Go, a new single which is more than a little reminiscent of a certain smash hit from a rapper whose name starts with “T” and ends with “I”. But, hey, is that such a bad thing? Jim Jonsin‘s bubbly synths sound as fresh as ever on this radio-ready cut, and the ATL emcee tackles the “I’ll buy you stuff and take you on crazy-expensive vacations” theme with plenty of panache. Booth-approved R&B singer Lloyd handles guest duties, stepping up to the mic to provide a guest verse as well as delivering a hook befitting a potential hit. Is Go Go Go appealing enough to make waves despite covering well-trodden thematic territory? That, of course, is for you to decide. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on J. Futuristic’s J Neutron LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 05/2/10
Submit your Rating
Bases Loaded/Universal Republic
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.