The future is now, Booth readers…. and, to be honest, it sounds sort of like 2008. Formerly known as J Money (but not to be confused with this J-Money), Universal Republic signee J Futuristic has stepped out of his time machine with Go Go Go, a new single which is more than a little reminiscent of a certain smash hit from a rapper whose name starts with “T” and ends with “I”. But, hey, is that such a bad thing? Jim Jonsin‘s bubbly synths sound as fresh as ever on this radio-ready cut, and the ATL emcee tackles the “I’ll buy you stuff and take you on crazy-expensive vacations” theme with plenty of panache. Booth-approved R&B singer Lloyd handles guest duties, stepping up to the mic to provide a guest verse as well as delivering a hook befitting a potential hit. Is Go Go Go appealing enough to make waves despite covering well-trodden thematic territory? That, of course, is for you to decide. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on J. Futuristic’s J Neutron LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 05/2/10
Submit your Rating
Bases Loaded/Universal Republic
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)