Some up-and-coming emcees take a few shots in the dark before delivering something that truly resonates with Booth readers. Newcomer J Ferb, however, is hoping to hit the Bullseye on the very first try. The lead single off his latest street album, this cut finds T.A.S.K. Productions (the beatsmith behind Everliven Sound‘s recently-featured What Should He Do) serving up a pensive sampled-piano instrumental as the Memphis native celebrates his artistic progress to date, assuring us that he’ll only fly higher with time. And, lest listeners jump to the conclusion that the gruffness of his flow is an accident, the artist offers a few words of clarification on the back end: “Naw, can’t re-record that; let ‘em hear my strain, this is really important.” Think J. Ferb hit this one right on the mark? If so, you can hear more fresh new tunes on his Chase the Dreams, Not the Competition mixtape, released on April 20, and available now online.
Listen to More: J. Ferb
Written by richard on 05/10/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.