Some up-and-coming emcees take a few shots in the dark before delivering something that truly resonates with Booth readers. Newcomer J Ferb, however, is hoping to hit the Bullseye on the very first try. The lead single off his latest street album, this cut finds T.A.S.K. Productions (the beatsmith behind Everliven Sound‘s recently-featured What Should He Do) serving up a pensive sampled-piano instrumental as the Memphis native celebrates his artistic progress to date, assuring us that he’ll only fly higher with time. And, lest listeners jump to the conclusion that the gruffness of his flow is an accident, the artist offers a few words of clarification on the back end: “Naw, can’t re-record that; let ‘em hear my strain, this is really important.” Think J. Ferb hit this one right on the mark? If so, you can hear more fresh new tunes on his Chase the Dreams, Not the Competition mixtape, released on April 20, and available now online.
Listen to More: J. Ferb
Written by richard on 05/10/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.