Some up-and-coming emcees take a few shots in the dark before delivering something that truly resonates with Booth readers. Newcomer J Ferb, however, is hoping to hit the Bullseye on the very first try. The lead single off his latest street album, this cut finds T.A.S.K. Productions (the beatsmith behind Everliven Sound‘s recently-featured What Should He Do) serving up a pensive sampled-piano instrumental as the Memphis native celebrates his artistic progress to date, assuring us that he’ll only fly higher with time. And, lest listeners jump to the conclusion that the gruffness of his flow is an accident, the artist offers a few words of clarification on the back end: “Naw, can’t re-record that; let ‘em hear my strain, this is really important.” Think J. Ferb hit this one right on the mark? If so, you can hear more fresh new tunes on his Chase the Dreams, Not the Competition mixtape, released on April 20, and available now online.
Listen to More: J. Ferb
Written by richard on 05/10/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.