It can be argued that the industry’s favorite kind of artist is the “slash” type (singer/rapper/songwriter/producer), because even if one of these categories fails to develop into a career, the individual in question still has other musical occupations to fall back on. One such quadruple-threat up-and-comers is J-EyE, who just returned to his hometown of Brooklyn after several months working with Timbo, Danja, Missy, Birdman, and Mannie Fresh (to name a few), and is now promoting I Get Around, the first single off his forthcoming album, Welcome 2 Hitland. Smoothly transitioning between pop-rap verses and a sung bridge and hook, J-EyE lets listeners know just how much he enjoys the fast life and all its luxurious trimmings. Produced by CBE, I Get Around should have no problem getting rotation in upscale clubs nationwide—and hey, if few major label execs find themselves moving to the music, the rest may be history!
Written by Burmy on 04/7/09
Submit your Rating
One Way Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.