It can be argued that the industry’s favorite kind of artist is the “slash” type (singer/rapper/songwriter/producer), because even if one of these categories fails to develop into a career, the individual in question still has other musical occupations to fall back on. One such quadruple-threat up-and-comers is J-EyE, who just returned to his hometown of Brooklyn after several months working with Timbo, Danja, Missy, Birdman, and Mannie Fresh (to name a few), and is now promoting I Get Around, the first single off his forthcoming album, Welcome 2 Hitland. Smoothly transitioning between pop-rap verses and a sung bridge and hook, J-EyE lets listeners know just how much he enjoys the fast life and all its luxurious trimmings. Produced by CBE, I Get Around should have no problem getting rotation in upscale clubs nationwide—and hey, if few major label execs find themselves moving to the music, the rest may be history!
One Way Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.