It can be argued that the industry’s favorite kind of artist is the “slash” type (singer/rapper/songwriter/producer), because even if one of these categories fails to develop into a career, the individual in question still has other musical occupations to fall back on. One such quadruple-threat up-and-comers is J-EyE, who just returned to his hometown of Brooklyn after several months working with Timbo, Danja, Missy, Birdman, and Mannie Fresh (to name a few), and is now promoting I Get Around, the first single off his forthcoming album, Welcome 2 Hitland. Smoothly transitioning between pop-rap verses and a sung bridge and hook, J-EyE lets listeners know just how much he enjoys the fast life and all its luxurious trimmings. Produced by CBE, I Get Around should have no problem getting rotation in upscale clubs nationwide—and hey, if few major label execs find themselves moving to the music, the rest may be history!
Written by Burmy on 04/7/09
Submit your Rating
One Way Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.