As one of the biggest beatsmiths in the DMV, Inner Loop Records’ J-$crilla‘s got too many ardent supporters to worry about the critics. On the latest single off his recently released Culture of Honor mixtape, the Booth newcomer teams up with six of his most talented neighbors to send a simple message to all who would hate: “I don’t need No Love from you.” In addition to hard-hitting guest bars from local lyrical powerhouses Oddisee, XO, RAtheMC, Wordsmith, TEFLON and K-Beta, this track features the headliner’s only rapped contribution to the project. His boastful rhymes don’t disappoint, nor does his brassy, soul-sampled boardwork, which, as he reveals in a hilarious “Making Of” video, is borrowed from a cut off The Five Stairsteps & Cubie’s Our Family Portrait LP. There’s no reason No Love should get anything but love in the Booth. If you like what you’re hearing, you can find find 13 more original tracks and each record’s instrumental version on Culture of Honor, out now. In addition, stay tuned for release details on RAtheMC’s forthcoming mixtape project, the Mick Boogie-hosted, Booth-sponsored Trending Topics.
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Burn Thru the Journal" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.