As one of the biggest beatsmiths in the DMV, Inner Loop Records’ J-$crilla‘s got too many ardent supporters to worry about the critics. On the latest single off his recently released Culture of Honor mixtape, the Booth newcomer teams up with six of his most talented neighbors to send a simple message to all who would hate: “I don’t need No Love from you.” In addition to hard-hitting guest bars from local lyrical powerhouses Oddisee, XO, RAtheMC, Wordsmith, TEFLON and K-Beta, this track features the headliner’s only rapped contribution to the project. His boastful rhymes don’t disappoint, nor does his brassy, soul-sampled boardwork, which, as he reveals in a hilarious “Making Of” video, is borrowed from a cut off The Five Stairsteps & Cubie’s Our Family Portrait LP. There’s no reason No Love should get anything but love in the Booth. If you like what you’re hearing, you can find find 13 more original tracks and each record’s instrumental version on Culture of Honor, out now. In addition, stay tuned for release details on RAtheMC’s forthcoming mixtape project, the Mick Boogie-hosted, Booth-sponsored Trending Topics.
Written by richard on 09/20/09
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Burn Thru the Journal" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.