As one of the biggest beatsmiths in the DMV, Inner Loop Records’ J-$crilla‘s got too many ardent supporters to worry about the critics. On the latest single off his recently released Culture of Honor mixtape, the Booth newcomer teams up with six of his most talented neighbors to send a simple message to all who would hate: “I don’t need No Love from you.” In addition to hard-hitting guest bars from local lyrical powerhouses Oddisee, XO, RAtheMC, Wordsmith, TEFLON and K-Beta, this track features the headliner’s only rapped contribution to the project. His boastful rhymes don’t disappoint, nor does his brassy, soul-sampled boardwork, which, as he reveals in a hilarious “Making Of” video, is borrowed from a cut off The Five Stairsteps & Cubie’s Our Family Portrait LP. There’s no reason No Love should get anything but love in the Booth. If you like what you’re hearing, you can find find 13 more original tracks and each record’s instrumental version on Culture of Honor, out now. In addition, stay tuned for release details on RAtheMC’s forthcoming mixtape project, the Mick Boogie-hosted, Booth-sponsored Trending Topics.
Written by richard on 09/20/09
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Burn Thru the Journal" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.