Since being signed to Jay-Z’s new label Roc Nation late last year, J. Cole has been one of the fastest rising hip-hop artists in the game. Loyal fans have likely already heard Cole perform Who Dat live, but today the N. Carolina representer has finally released the official version of his debut album’s lead single. Co-produced by Cole and Elite, who has worked with everyone from Jadakiss to Drag-On, it’s hard to describe this banger without uttering the word wow. The head banging production isn’t too heavy or too soft, but rather a nice mixture that doesn’t take away from Cole’s vocals. As for the Roc Nation signee, what else needs to be said? Cole’s lyricism is absolutely crazy. With punch lines that I’m sure hip-hop heads will be quoting all week, Who Dat gives us a look into who he is as an artist, and what his currently untitled debut album will sound like. Summer needs to get here NOW.
Written by JRTheWriter on 04/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.