Since being signed to Jay-Z’s new label Roc Nation late last year, J. Cole has been one of the fastest rising hip-hop artists in the game. Loyal fans have likely already heard Cole perform Who Dat live, but today the N. Carolina representer has finally released the official version of his debut album’s lead single. Co-produced by Cole and Elite, who has worked with everyone from Jadakiss to Drag-On, it’s hard to describe this banger without uttering the word wow. The head banging production isn’t too heavy or too soft, but rather a nice mixture that doesn’t take away from Cole’s vocals. As for the Roc Nation signee, what else needs to be said? Cole’s lyricism is absolutely crazy. With punch lines that I’m sure hip-hop heads will be quoting all week, Who Dat gives us a look into who he is as an artist, and what his currently untitled debut album will sound like. Summer needs to get here NOW.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.