Thursday evening, J. Cole returned to his hometown of Fayetteville, North Carolina to give back to his community in the inaugural “Dreamville Weekend.” In honor of the occasion, the Roc Nation megastar has dropped off Visionz of Home, a new promo single which finds him remniniscing about his humble beginnings, and exulting in how far he’s come, over a sampled beat by Elite (whose debut solo project, Awaken, hit our front page back in November). As mentioned above, this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who haven’t already should be sure to check out Cole’s recently-featured Grew Up Fast, currently sitting at #1 on our Rap Chart.
Written by richard on 03/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.