Thursday evening, J. Cole returned to his hometown of Fayetteville, North Carolina to give back to his community in the inaugural “Dreamville Weekend.” In honor of the occasion, the Roc Nation megastar has dropped off Visionz of Home, a new promo single which finds him remniniscing about his humble beginnings, and exulting in how far he’s come, over a sampled beat by Elite (whose debut solo project, Awaken, hit our front page back in November). As mentioned above, this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who haven’t already should be sure to check out Cole’s recently-featured Grew Up Fast, currently sitting at #1 on our Rap Chart.
Written by richard on 03/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.