Thursday evening, J. Cole returned to his hometown of Fayetteville, North Carolina to give back to his community in the inaugural “Dreamville Weekend.” In honor of the occasion, the Roc Nation megastar has dropped off Visionz of Home, a new promo single which finds him remniniscing about his humble beginnings, and exulting in how far he’s come, over a sampled beat by Elite (whose debut solo project, Awaken, hit our front page back in November). As mentioned above, this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who haven’t already should be sure to check out Cole’s recently-featured Grew Up Fast, currently sitting at #1 on our Rap Chart.
Written by richard on 03/2/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)