Thursday evening, J. Cole returned to his hometown of Fayetteville, North Carolina to give back to his community in the inaugural “Dreamville Weekend.” In honor of the occasion, the Roc Nation megastar has dropped off Visionz of Home, a new promo single which finds him remniniscing about his humble beginnings, and exulting in how far he’s come, over a sampled beat by Elite (whose debut solo project, Awaken, hit our front page back in November). As mentioned above, this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who haven’t already should be sure to check out Cole’s recently-featured Grew Up Fast, currently sitting at #1 on our Rap Chart.
Written by richard on 03/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.