One of the overarching themes of J. Cole‘s blockbuster sophomore set is the artist’s less-than-sterling track record where fidelity is concerned. On She Knows, the project’s fourth official single, the First in Flight State heavyweight addresses the topic head-on, weighing the pros and cons of cheating on his steady girl. His conclusion? “It’s damned if I do / and damned if I don’t,” so “do” ultimately wins out. DJ Dummy and Ken Lewis come together with Cole to co-create the record’s beat, a moody arrangement based around a sample from Cults’ Bad Things. Amber Coffman lends her vocals to the record’s chorus. Released via Roc Nation/Columbia in June, Born Sinner is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Cole’s new She Knows visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.