One of the overarching themes of J. Cole‘s blockbuster sophomore set is the artist’s less-than-sterling track record where fidelity is concerned. On She Knows, the project’s fourth official single, the First in Flight State heavyweight addresses the topic head-on, weighing the pros and cons of cheating on his steady girl. His conclusion? “It’s damned if I do / and damned if I don’t,” so “do” ultimately wins out. DJ Dummy and Ken Lewis come together with Cole to co-create the record’s beat, a moody arrangement based around a sample from Cults’ Bad Things. Amber Coffman lends her vocals to the record’s chorus. Released via Roc Nation/Columbia in June, Born Sinner is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Cole’s new She Knows visual.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.