One of the overarching themes of J. Cole‘s blockbuster sophomore set is the artist’s less-than-sterling track record where fidelity is concerned. On She Knows, the project’s fourth official single, the First in Flight State heavyweight addresses the topic head-on, weighing the pros and cons of cheating on his steady girl. His conclusion? “It’s damned if I do / and damned if I don’t,” so “do” ultimately wins out. DJ Dummy and Ken Lewis come together with Cole to co-create the record’s beat, a moody arrangement based around a sample from Cults’ Bad Things. Amber Coffman lends her vocals to the record’s chorus. Released via Roc Nation/Columbia in June, Born Sinner is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Cole’s new She Knows visual.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
The smartest move of 2013 (thus far) goes to Fayetteville’s native son J. Cole, who he decided to move up the release date for his sophomore album Born Sinner, to directly go up against Kanye West’s Yeezus. What some may...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.