One of the overarching themes of J. Cole‘s blockbuster sophomore set is the artist’s less-than-sterling track record where fidelity is concerned. On She Knows, the project’s fourth official single, the First in Flight State heavyweight addresses the topic head-on, weighing the pros and cons of cheating on his steady girl. His conclusion? “It’s damned if I do / and damned if I don’t,” so “do” ultimately wins out. DJ Dummy and Ken Lewis come together with Cole to co-create the record’s beat, a moody arrangement based around a sample from Cults’ Bad Things. Amber Coffman lends her vocals to the record’s chorus. Released via Roc Nation/Columbia in June, Born Sinner is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Cole’s new She Knows visual.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.