As soon as our peeps at 2DopeBoyz premiered this unreleased J. Cole song, See It To Believe It, we knew we had to share it with the Booth. As usual, Cole gives us a glimpse of his life over one of his signature gloomy instrumentals that gives me the chills. Vocally he rhymes about his pre-Roc Nation deal life with no clothes in his closet and making songs in his bedroom, then promises of his upcoming reign as an emcee, telling an unnamed shorty to “come and kick it with a ni**a on his way to the top.” And Cole knows we’re still waiting on that ebut album (no, this won’t be on it) ‘cause he makes a quick reference to taking too long, but then affirms that we f**k with him nonetheless. You’re right, we’re waiting Cole. Impatiently.
Written by Adeshola Adigun on 05/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.