Two wrongs don’t make a right, but two rights make something worthwhile (or at the least hype-worthy). That is exactly what listeners are getting with J. Cole‘s random “Any Given Sunday” summer releases in anticipation for his debut album hitting shelves later this month. The latest of these gems comes in the form of Neverland, a bouncing record with both Chase N. Cashe and the North Carolinian behind the boards. Bars and all, the collaboration works well here, although it won’t be thrown onto Cole’s debut track list. Neverland can be downloaded directly through Cole’s Dreamvillain website, as will the rest of his Sunday releases up until the album drop date. Whether or not Cole takes over the charts, all eyes (and ears) will be on the Roc Nation phenom come September 27, for a first taste of Cole World: A Sideline Story. I’ll be right in line with the rest of Hip Hop Nation.
Written by Sigurd on 09/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.