Last week J. Cole announced that his highly-anticipated sophomore album, Born Sinner, would be dropping in January, and the Roc Nation protege hasn’t wasted any time giving fans a first taste of what he has in store for us. New single Miss America is a self-produced affair that finds Cole crafting a cinematic, organ driven instrumental that’s more warning shot than celebration. Lyrically Cole’s Miss America is a far cry from the glitz and glamour currently associated with the title. Instead, Cole examines his own relationship with women and money in introspective verses, placing the blame for the country’s problems equally at the government and his own feet. With an introduction like this it’s clear Cole wants us to take Born Sinner seriously; mission accomplished.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.