Last year around this time, N. Carolina emcee J. Cole jolted the hip-hop community with his electrifying mixtape The Warm Up. Today, he is one of the most anticipated rap acts in the country, a RocNation signee with a reputation for outstanding lyrics. As a token of his appreciation for his fans’ support, Cole has delivered a thank you in the form of a freestyle over Dirty Money’s Angels instrumental. Produced by hit-maker Rob Holladay, this beat has been a favorite amongst emcees, but I think Cole has given us one of the best renditions yet (though Lupe’s version might go a little harder). I usually would go on about how he could have done XY and Z to make this better, but J. Cole’s flow and delivery are so well-timed and flawless on this one that the freestyle speaks for itself with lines like: “My Way like a Usher song/higher power where these verses from/you ni**as hos, put your purses on/Church, get your worship on/ born alone, work alone, die alone/ hot fire like Dylan/ bitches get they dial on/ fake niggas get dial tones.” Enough said.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 06/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.