Last year around this time, N. Carolina emcee J. Cole jolted the hip-hop community with his electrifying mixtape The Warm Up. Today, he is one of the most anticipated rap acts in the country, a RocNation signee with a reputation for outstanding lyrics. As a token of his appreciation for his fans’ support, Cole has delivered a thank you in the form of a freestyle over Dirty Money’s Angels instrumental. Produced by hit-maker Rob Holladay, this beat has been a favorite amongst emcees, but I think Cole has given us one of the best renditions yet (though Lupe’s version might go a little harder). I usually would go on about how he could have done XY and Z to make this better, but J. Cole’s flow and delivery are so well-timed and flawless on this one that the freestyle speaks for itself with lines like: “My Way like a Usher song/higher power where these verses from/you ni**as hos, put your purses on/Church, get your worship on/ born alone, work alone, die alone/ hot fire like Dylan/ bitches get they dial on/ fake niggas get dial tones.” Enough said.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 06/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)