Ever wondered what’s going through J. Cole‘s mind at any given moment in time? Well, prepare to be enlightened. On this newly-leaked cut off the Roc Nation standard-bearer’s insanely-anticipated debut set, he gives us a guided tour of his headspace – and what we find there is downright Disgusting. And I mean that, of course, in the dopest way possible. As usual, the North Carolina representative handles his own production, layering echoing handclaps over a stuttering bassline as he fills listeners in on exactly what’s on his mind – from his Epicurean personal philosophy (“Not another line about how life’s a b*tch / f*ck the world and enjoy it.”) to his deepest sexual fantasies (granted, who wouldn’t jump at the chance to witness a Ménage à trois involving three Nicki Minaj clones?) Now that you’ve caught a glimpse of the Cole World the artist will be exploring on his forthcoming full-length, are you anxious to see more? Keep it locked for all the latest on the project, currently scheduled to arrive on record store shelves sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 05/4/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.