J.Cole is simply on fire right now. Already co-signed/actually signed by Jay-Z, coasting with his first single Who Dat on the charts, and all before his first album has even dropped, Cole certainly seems like the next big thing in hip-hop. As the growing fan base of the Fayetteville emcee anxiously awaits his as-yet untitled album (hopefully arriving this fall), Cole has delivered something to pacify the waiting hordes with brand new song Blow Up. Produced by Cole himself, Blow Up is further proof that the young man can not only spit, but he can work the boards just as well. As far as Cole’s lyricism is concerned, in my opinion, he can get a little lazy at times here at times. With lines like, “And Gary Coleman just died…life is short,” the verse doesn’t match the intensity of the hook, and falls short of the killer edge that’d you’d expect from a song with a title like Blow Up. However, the Roc Nation sensation does flow hard, and ultimately this record should only earn him more respect, as should his exclusive video Lollapalooza interview with DJBooth, coming soon.
Listen to More: J. Cole
Written by JRTheWriter on 08/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.