Contrary to popular belief, there have been many good things to come out of the Carolinas aside from Carowinds and Myrtle Beach souvenir wifebeaters. It’s a more than refreshing feeling to be able to single out great up-and-coming artists dropping great music from the area, and J. Capri is one of them. Hailing out of the Northern parts of the Carolinas, Capri is hooking up with frequent Mez-collaborator Commissioner Gordon to deliver All Aboard, a track for all the listeners out there “trying to get their bread up.” Gordon lays down a crafty beat for Mr. Get It In and feature emcee Jabee to bounce with, creating a head-nodding ode to the hustle game. With the multitude of Booth-acclaimed songs that he’s dropped, it’ll be interesting to see if Capri keeps the unsigned title for long (that outlook seems doubtful with his talent). If you’re all aboard this one, be sure to keep a lookout for Capri’s upcoming untitled project, hosted by DJ Benzi and dropping mid-July.
Written by Sigurd on 06/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Place in the Game" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.