Club bangers are standard fare in R&B and hip-hop; they top the Billboard charts with regularity, blaze the clubs, and get everyone moving. What distinguishes one up-tempo single from another? High-profile collaborators help – just ask newcomer J. Blue. California’s in the house on Hey, the new collab from the L.A.-based singer and Long Beach’s Snoop Dogg. J. Blue takes the lead on this single; he’s living a player’s life, showing off his hot car and taking shots at the bar. Veteran Snoop swings by to drop a few laid-back verses; his slow drawl is a sure commercial draw. The two mesh well over a sluggishly grinding beat from Cali producers the NeXmen. These beatmakers have already jumped on the J. Blue train, signing him to their new label on Universal Motown, NeXLyfe. The NeXmen plan to put out J. Blue’s debut, The Blue Book: From the Block to the Bed, though a release date has not yet been established.
Written by Carly on 07/22/08
NeXlyfe /Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Im Ya Hustla" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.