Club bangers are standard fare in R&B and hip-hop; they top the Billboard charts with regularity, blaze the clubs, and get everyone moving. What distinguishes one up-tempo single from another? High-profile collaborators help – just ask newcomer J. Blue. California’s in the house on Hey, the new collab from the L.A.-based singer and Long Beach’s Snoop Dogg. J. Blue takes the lead on this single; he’s living a player’s life, showing off his hot car and taking shots at the bar. Veteran Snoop swings by to drop a few laid-back verses; his slow drawl is a sure commercial draw. The two mesh well over a sluggishly grinding beat from Cali producers the NeXmen. These beatmakers have already jumped on the J. Blue train, signing him to their new label on Universal Motown, NeXLyfe. The NeXmen plan to put out J. Blue’s debut, The Blue Book: From the Block to the Bed, though a release date has not yet been established.
Written by Carly on 07/22/08
Submit your Rating
NeXlyfe /Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Im Ya Hustla" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.