Club bangers are standard fare in R&B and hip-hop; they top the Billboard charts with regularity, blaze the clubs, and get everyone moving. What distinguishes one up-tempo single from another? High-profile collaborators help – just ask newcomer J. Blue. California’s in the house on Hey, the new collab from the L.A.-based singer and Long Beach’s Snoop Dogg. J. Blue takes the lead on this single; he’s living a player’s life, showing off his hot car and taking shots at the bar. Veteran Snoop swings by to drop a few laid-back verses; his slow drawl is a sure commercial draw. The two mesh well over a sluggishly grinding beat from Cali producers the NeXmen. These beatmakers have already jumped on the J. Blue train, signing him to their new label on Universal Motown, NeXLyfe. The NeXmen plan to put out J. Blue’s debut, The Blue Book: From the Block to the Bed, though a release date has not yet been established.
NeXlyfe /Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Im Ya Hustla" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!