Club bangers are standard fare in R&B and hip-hop; they top the Billboard charts with regularity, blaze the clubs, and get everyone moving. What distinguishes one up-tempo single from another? High-profile collaborators help – just ask newcomer J. Blue. California’s in the house on Hey, the new collab from the L.A.-based singer and Long Beach’s Snoop Dogg. J. Blue takes the lead on this single; he’s living a player’s life, showing off his hot car and taking shots at the bar. Veteran Snoop swings by to drop a few laid-back verses; his slow drawl is a sure commercial draw. The two mesh well over a sluggishly grinding beat from Cali producers the NeXmen. These beatmakers have already jumped on the J. Blue train, signing him to their new label on Universal Motown, NeXLyfe. The NeXmen plan to put out J. Blue’s debut, The Blue Book: From the Block to the Bed, though a release date has not yet been established.
Written by Carly on 07/22/08
Submit your Rating
NeXlyfe /Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Im Ya Hustla" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.