Club bangers are standard fare in R&B and hip-hop; they top the Billboard charts with regularity, blaze the clubs, and get everyone moving. What distinguishes one up-tempo single from another? High-profile collaborators help – just ask newcomer J. Blue. California’s in the house on Hey, the new collab from the L.A.-based singer and Long Beach’s Snoop Dogg. J. Blue takes the lead on this single; he’s living a player’s life, showing off his hot car and taking shots at the bar. Veteran Snoop swings by to drop a few laid-back verses; his slow drawl is a sure commercial draw. The two mesh well over a sluggishly grinding beat from Cali producers the NeXmen. These beatmakers have already jumped on the J. Blue train, signing him to their new label on Universal Motown, NeXLyfe. The NeXmen plan to put out J. Blue’s debut, The Blue Book: From the Block to the Bed, though a release date has not yet been established.
Written by Carly on 07/22/08
Submit your Rating
NeXlyfe /Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Im Ya Hustla" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)