Few experiences are more frustrating than knowing your significant other is present physically, while emotionally they’re entirely Out of Reach. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, Izzy Rythm‘s latest single and debut feature finds him struggling with that very predicament. Reminiscing about the good times he and his girl have shared, and acknowledging the strong feelings he still has for her, he laments: “How can you be so close, and feel so far away?” The Chicago crooner’s haunting vocal performance, which sometimes calls to mind a deeper-voiced version of alt-R&B heavyweight The Weeknd‘s distinctive delivery, comes backed by the atmospheric synth boardwork of fwdslxsh. Interest piqued? You’ll be able to find Out of Reach and much more on Rythm’s next project, the spring-bound Coffee & Broccoli street album.
Written by richard on 02/17/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)