Few experiences are more frustrating than knowing your significant other is present physically, while emotionally they’re entirely Out of Reach. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, Izzy Rythm‘s latest single and debut feature finds him struggling with that very predicament. Reminiscing about the good times he and his girl have shared, and acknowledging the strong feelings he still has for her, he laments: “How can you be so close, and feel so far away?” The Chicago crooner’s haunting vocal performance, which sometimes calls to mind a deeper-voiced version of alt-R&B heavyweight The Weeknd‘s distinctive delivery, comes backed by the atmospheric synth boardwork of fwdslxsh. Interest piqued? You’ll be able to find Out of Reach and much more on Rythm’s next project, the spring-bound Coffee & Broccoli street album.
Written by richard on 02/17/14
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.