When I first started taking hip-hop seriously in the summer of ‘03, almost every album went platinum, sports jerseys were the fasion trend du jour, and Ja Rule was arguably the most popular MC in the game. Sometimes, such change is good—other times, as Borat would say, “not so much”. On the newest buzz single off his debut album, , Izza Kizza reflects on a few changes of the latter type, listing gay marriage, high gas prices, and the swine flu as a few signs of the times that have him Runnin’. Ethered-MC-turned-successful-producer Kwame backs the track with chopped samples from Otis Redding’s classic rendition of Change Gonna Come, letting the soul giant talk to ‘em in lieu of a third verse. We can only hope this track will have label execs at Decon Runnin’ to give Izza some much-needed promotion for the February 10 release of his Saturday Morning LP.
Listen to More: Izza Kizza
Written by Burmy on 09/2/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They're Everywhere" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.