Like most artists who have risen under Timbaland’s wing (e.g. Bubba Sparxxx, Missy Elliot, Magoo), Izza Kizza is anything but conventional. Hailing from the small town of Valdosta, Georgia, the eclectic rapper definitely brings a fresh sound to the game. His new track, Georgie Pourgie (What Had Happened Wuz), is a self-reflective account of his love life told in his syncopated, nonchalant delivery. He is aided by producer Fitz the Art Teacher, who allegedly has done some work on Dre’s Detox. The final product sounds a bit like vintage Outkast, although admittedly without the same polish. The track will appear on Kizza’s Kizzaland Mixtape, out July 29.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They're Everywhere" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.