Like most artists who have risen under Timbaland’s wing (e.g. Bubba Sparxxx, Missy Elliot, Magoo), Izza Kizza is anything but conventional. Hailing from the small town of Valdosta, Georgia, the eclectic rapper definitely brings a fresh sound to the game. His new track, Georgie Pourgie (What Had Happened Wuz), is a self-reflective account of his love life told in his syncopated, nonchalant delivery. He is aided by producer Fitz the Art Teacher, who allegedly has done some work on Dre’s Detox. The final product sounds a bit like vintage Outkast, although admittedly without the same polish. The track will appear on Kizza’s Kizzaland Mixtape, out July 29.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They're Everywhere" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.