Like most artists who have risen under Timbaland’s wing (e.g. Bubba Sparxxx, Missy Elliot, Magoo), Izza Kizza is anything but conventional. Hailing from the small town of Valdosta, Georgia, the eclectic rapper definitely brings a fresh sound to the game. His new track, Georgie Pourgie (What Had Happened Wuz), is a self-reflective account of his love life told in his syncopated, nonchalant delivery. He is aided by producer Fitz the Art Teacher, who allegedly has done some work on Dre’s Detox. The final product sounds a bit like vintage Outkast, although admittedly without the same polish. The track will appear on Kizza’s Kizzaland Mixtape, out July 29.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They're Everywhere" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.