Like most artists who have risen under Timbaland’s wing (e.g. Bubba Sparxxx, Missy Elliot, Magoo), Izza Kizza is anything but conventional. Hailing from the small town of Valdosta, Georgia, the eclectic rapper definitely brings a fresh sound to the game. His new track, Georgie Pourgie (What Had Happened Wuz), is a self-reflective account of his love life told in his syncopated, nonchalant delivery. He is aided by producer Fitz the Art Teacher, who allegedly has done some work on Dre’s Detox. The final product sounds a bit like vintage Outkast, although admittedly without the same polish. The track will appear on Kizza’s Kizzaland Mixtape, out July 29.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They're Everywhere" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.