In 1965, Shirley Ellis (of the Name Game fo-fame) recorded the successful single The Clapping Song, known for its “3-6-9, the goose drank wine” chorus. 43 years later, the song has been revived, thanks in part to its use on the Cupid and B.o.B. single, 369. Next in line to try their hand at the sample is the uniquely talented Izza Kizza on the dance floor banger, Walk The Dawg. Recently signed to Mosely Music, Kizza hooks up with Timbo’s very first protégé, Missy Elliot, who throws in a mix of sung and rapped vocals to match the percussion-heavy beat of veteran production duo, the Soul Diggaz. Look for Walk The Dawg to get in the listener’s heads as quickly as the goose and monkey got to heaven in that little rowboat. Know what I mean?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They're Everywhere" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.