In 1965, Shirley Ellis (of the Name Game fo-fame) recorded the successful single The Clapping Song, known for its “3-6-9, the goose drank wine” chorus. 43 years later, the song has been revived, thanks in part to its use on the Cupid and B.o.B. single, 369. Next in line to try their hand at the sample is the uniquely talented Izza Kizza on the dance floor banger, Walk The Dawg. Recently signed to Mosely Music, Kizza hooks up with Timbo’s very first protégé, Missy Elliot, who throws in a mix of sung and rapped vocals to match the percussion-heavy beat of veteran production duo, the Soul Diggaz. Look for Walk The Dawg to get in the listener’s heads as quickly as the goose and monkey got to heaven in that little rowboat. Know what I mean?
Written by Burmy on 03/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They're Everywhere" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.