Despite two successful singles, Virgin Islands-bred pop star I.Y.A.Z.’ freshman set still has yet to arrive (in the U.S., anyway). At this point, of course, there’s only one thing to do: drop another single – one So Big that the album will take on a life of its own and release itself, materializing on record store shelves in violation of all known laws of space and time. OK, on second thought, that seems a little implausible – but there’s no denying the appeal of the singer’s latest effort. Not one to fix what ain’t broke, J.R. Rotem delivers a beat similar to those he cooked up for the artist’s past singles, but bigger, layering on the sugary synths as I.Y.A.Z. explains how he wants to do it up (“So big!”), party it up (“So big!”), and spend it up (OK, you get the picture) all for the sake of a certain special lady. Will this joint live up to its name and set the charts on fire? You tell me. Replay is scheduled to drop sometime in late summer, though those who can’t wait can always grab the international import, released earlier this month.
Written by richard on 06/17/10
Submit your Rating
Time Is Money/Beluga Heights/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)