Life is tough for the chronically indecisive; whether you’re vacillating between several equally appealing items on a lunch menu or weighing the relative pros and cons of kicking it in the front versus the back seat, it seems like the pressure’s always on. Thus, it’s hard not to feel sorry for Virgin Island-bred pop heavyweight I.Y.A.Z. when he laments that he’s surrounded by so many Pretty Girls that it’s gonna take forever to pick the right one. Wait, did I say I felt sorry for him? I meant, “Lucky b*stard.” Anyway, if you’ve heard I.Y.A.Z.’ previous hits, you have a good idea what to expect from the artist’s latest selection: a bubblegum-sweet J.R. Rotem beat based on the trusty I-V-vi-IV chord progression (this time he throws some light-rock guitars into the mix), romance-themed Caribbean-pop verses from the headliner, and a monster chorus. What’s new? Well, Gym Class Hero-turned solo heavyweight Travie McCoy jumps aboard to spit about his quest to “find a pretty girl that these shoes go nice with” Has I.Y.A.Z.’ formula yielded another smash hit? If you think so, you’ll be able to cop the record digitally May 31. In addition, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on his sophomore LP, tentatively set to drop in late summer.
Written by richard on 05/11/11
Submit your Rating
Time Is Money/Beluga Heights/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.