There is a lot to be said for a woman who knows what she wants and San Diego born-and-bred singer Issa Bayaua most certainly has that quality. Influenced by Tina Turner, The Temptations and her mother (also a singer), Issa was selected as a finalist on the TLC reality show R U the Girl, and soon thereafter went on to sign to a label deal with indie Sound on Sound Entertainment. On her brand new single, Reach, the attractive upstart sets the listener’s imagination on fire with a club-ready seductiveness and producer Marc Kinchen‘s blend of R&B and Latin music. Miss Issa’s debut, Hurt No More, is due out next May.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/16/08
Submit your Rating
Sound on Sound Ent./Universal Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boss Lady ft. Trina" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.