There is a lot to be said for a woman who knows what she wants and San Diego born-and-bred singer Issa Bayaua most certainly has that quality. Influenced by Tina Turner, The Temptations and her mother (also a singer), Issa was selected as a finalist on the TLC reality show R U the Girl, and soon thereafter went on to sign to a label deal with indie Sound on Sound Entertainment. On her brand new single, Reach, the attractive upstart sets the listener’s imagination on fire with a club-ready seductiveness and producer Marc Kinchen‘s blend of R&B and Latin music. Miss Issa’s debut, Hurt No More, is due out next May.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/16/08
Submit your Rating
Sound on Sound Ent./Universal Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boss Lady ft. Trina" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.