R&B singer Issa knows how to get people to listen to her music. After being a finalist on the TLC reality show, R U The Girl, the Latina/Filipina inked a deal with Universal distribution in early ‘06 and wisely joined Jim Jones on the song Let Me Be The One from McDonalds/Coca Cola After After Party compilation. Two years later she introduces her new Boss Lady anthem, hoping to appeal to her audience of independent females. Fellow feline boss Trina adds to the feminine appeal, but catchy production work is what will make plenty of rappers jealous (don’t worry, there’s always the remix). Watch for Issa to continue her strong-handed hustle when her debut album Hurt No More hits stores April 30th.
Written by Burmy on 01/17/08
Sound on Sound Ent./Universal Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)