R&B singer Issa knows how to get people to listen to her music. After being a finalist on the TLC reality show, R U The Girl, the Latina/Filipina inked a deal with Universal distribution in early ‘06 and wisely joined Jim Jones on the song Let Me Be The One from McDonalds/Coca Cola After After Party compilation. Two years later she introduces her new Boss Lady anthem, hoping to appeal to her audience of independent females. Fellow feline boss Trina adds to the feminine appeal, but catchy production work is what will make plenty of rappers jealous (don’t worry, there’s always the remix). Watch for Issa to continue her strong-handed hustle when her debut album Hurt No More hits stores April 30th.
Sound on Sound Ent./Universal Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.