R&B singer Issa knows how to get people to listen to her music. After being a finalist on the TLC reality show, R U The Girl, the Latina/Filipina inked a deal with Universal distribution in early ‘06 and wisely joined Jim Jones on the song Let Me Be The One from McDonalds/Coca Cola After After Party compilation. Two years later she introduces her new Boss Lady anthem, hoping to appeal to her audience of independent females. Fellow feline boss Trina adds to the feminine appeal, but catchy production work is what will make plenty of rappers jealous (don’t worry, there’s always the remix). Watch for Issa to continue her strong-handed hustle when her debut album Hurt No More hits stores April 30th.
Written by Burmy on 01/17/08
Submit your Rating
Sound on Sound Ent./Universal Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)