R&B singer Issa knows how to get people to listen to her music. After being a finalist on the TLC reality show, R U The Girl, the Latina/Filipina inked a deal with Universal distribution in early ‘06 and wisely joined Jim Jones on the song Let Me Be The One from McDonalds/Coca Cola After After Party compilation. Two years later she introduces her new Boss Lady anthem, hoping to appeal to her audience of independent females. Fellow feline boss Trina adds to the feminine appeal, but catchy production work is what will make plenty of rappers jealous (don’t worry, there’s always the remix). Watch for Issa to continue her strong-handed hustle when her debut album Hurt No More hits stores April 30th.
Written by Burmy on 01/17/08
Submit your Rating
Sound on Sound Ent./Universal Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.