Labels, be aware. IshDARR, a 17-year-old emcee from Milwaukee, will not sign a contract unless it meets his standards. With his first Booth feature for his single, POPS, I have a feeling that it’s going to be worth it. IshDARR keeps things fresh by switching up his flows as he takes us back to the park benches in Humboldt Park, when people thought he would he would end up in jail instead of a label meeting. He proves his statement of “There’s no age limit on skill,” through and through with the confidence of a veteran. To help with his reminiscing, producer TREELO turns in an oscillating beat that sounds like what plays inside of a time machine as you travel backwards. Singer Karina steals the spotlight at the end of the record after lending her smoky voice for the hook. POPS can be found on the recently-released The Better Life EP, which is available now for free download.
Written by Bryan H on 04/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.