Labels, be aware. IshDARR, a 17-year-old emcee from Milwaukee, will not sign a contract unless it meets his standards. With his first Booth feature for his single, POPS, I have a feeling that it’s going to be worth it. IshDARR keeps things fresh by switching up his flows as he takes us back to the park benches in Humboldt Park, when people thought he would he would end up in jail instead of a label meeting. He proves his statement of “There’s no age limit on skill,” through and through with the confidence of a veteran. To help with his reminiscing, producer TREELO turns in an oscillating beat that sounds like what plays inside of a time machine as you travel backwards. Singer Karina steals the spotlight at the end of the record after lending her smoky voice for the hook. POPS can be found on the recently-released The Better Life EP, which is available now for free download.
Written by Bryan H on 04/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.