NYC buzzmaker IsaiahThe3rd‘s been M.I.A. in the Booth since March, when he earned reader acclaim for Photographic Memory. How did he spend the intervening months? On this new single, he reveals the answer: he was Gone Fishing. But he wasn’t just sitting on the shore with a watery beer, waiting for a bite. He’s more like the ancient fishermen who hunted their prey with spears and tridents. Over the blunted synth-sample boardwork of Fa†e, he rhymes about the relentless nature of his hustle (“It’s hard to take a day off, it’s always on my mind / So it feels like I’m always on the grind.”) as well as his love of the herb (“My mother said I get high like it’s part of my religion.) Inspired by the Showtime series of the same name, Isaiah’s Homeland LP is scheduled for release next year. As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's Next" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.