NYC buzzmaker IsaiahThe3rd‘s been M.I.A. in the Booth since March, when he earned reader acclaim for Photographic Memory. How did he spend the intervening months? On this new single, he reveals the answer: he was Gone Fishing. But he wasn’t just sitting on the shore with a watery beer, waiting for a bite. He’s more like the ancient fishermen who hunted their prey with spears and tridents. Over the blunted synth-sample boardwork of Fa†e, he rhymes about the relentless nature of his hustle (“It’s hard to take a day off, it’s always on my mind / So it feels like I’m always on the grind.”) as well as his love of the herb (“My mother said I get high like it’s part of my religion.) Inspired by the Showtime series of the same name, Isaiah’s Homeland LP is scheduled for release next year. As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's Next" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.