NYC buzzmaker IsaiahThe3rd‘s been M.I.A. in the Booth since March, when he earned reader acclaim for Photographic Memory. How did he spend the intervening months? On this new single, he reveals the answer: he was Gone Fishing. But he wasn’t just sitting on the shore with a watery beer, waiting for a bite. He’s more like the ancient fishermen who hunted their prey with spears and tridents. Over the blunted synth-sample boardwork of Fa†e, he rhymes about the relentless nature of his hustle (“It’s hard to take a day off, it’s always on my mind / So it feels like I’m always on the grind.”) as well as his love of the herb (“My mother said I get high like it’s part of my religion.) Inspired by the Showtime series of the same name, Isaiah’s Homeland LP is scheduled for release next year. As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's Next" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)