NYC buzzmaker IsaiahThe3rd‘s been M.I.A. in the Booth since March, when he earned reader acclaim for Photographic Memory. How did he spend the intervening months? On this new single, he reveals the answer: he was Gone Fishing. But he wasn’t just sitting on the shore with a watery beer, waiting for a bite. He’s more like the ancient fishermen who hunted their prey with spears and tridents. Over the blunted synth-sample boardwork of Fa†e, he rhymes about the relentless nature of his hustle (“It’s hard to take a day off, it’s always on my mind / So it feels like I’m always on the grind.”) as well as his love of the herb (“My mother said I get high like it’s part of my religion.) Inspired by the Showtime series of the same name, Isaiah’s Homeland LP is scheduled for release next year. As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's Next" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.