Absent from our pages since December of 2012, when he earned positive reader reviews for Hii (F**k Love), Isaiah Rashad is back in the Booth with guns blazing and a fresh promo single in tow. Premiered yesterday by Hot 97’s Peter Rosenberg, Shot You Down finds the Tennessee native unloading his highest-caliber lyrical ammunition into “sensitive n**gas,” “Hypebeast p*ssies” and other undesirable characters. In contrast to the rapper’s aggressive, feverishly-flowed verses, producers The Antydote and Chris Calor keep it chill behind the boards, layering idyllic flute/guitar loops over a languid percussion rhythm. Has this bullet-riddled, yet blissfully mellow selection left you hungry for more? Then stay tuned; Shot You Down isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Rashad’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/19/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.