Last month, rhymesayer Isaiah Rashad stepped into The DJBooth with his first feature of 2013, promotional single Shot You Down. The record won widespread reader acclaim thanks to Antydote and Chris Calor‘s smooth production, as well as the Tennessee representative’s aggressive mic work. Now signed to Top Dawg Entertainment, the artist takes advantage of his newfound label family to create an official remix that’s even doper than the original. Black Hippy partners-in-rhyme ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock jump on the atmospheric beat to complement the headliner’s feverish bars with some fast-paced rhymes of their own. Neither the remix nor its model are attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Isaiah Rashad’s plans as he settles in at TDE.
Written by richard on 10/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.