Last month, rhymesayer Isaiah Rashad stepped into The DJBooth with his first feature of 2013, promotional single Shot You Down. The record won widespread reader acclaim thanks to Antydote and Chris Calor‘s smooth production, as well as the Tennessee representative’s aggressive mic work. Now signed to Top Dawg Entertainment, the artist takes advantage of his newfound label family to create an official remix that’s even doper than the original. Black Hippy partners-in-rhyme ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock jump on the atmospheric beat to complement the headliner’s feverish bars with some fast-paced rhymes of their own. Neither the remix nor its model are attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Isaiah Rashad’s plans as he settles in at TDE.
Written by richard on 10/20/13
A splash of modern rap combined with vintage sounds and styles has proven to be a reliably successful, although difficult to execute, strategy in hip-hop, a genre deeply rooted in nostalgia. Mix an old automobile (say, a 1993...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)