Last month, rhymesayer Isaiah Rashad stepped into The DJBooth with his first feature of 2013, promotional single Shot You Down. The record won widespread reader acclaim thanks to Antydote and Chris Calor‘s smooth production, as well as the Tennessee representative’s aggressive mic work. Now signed to Top Dawg Entertainment, the artist takes advantage of his newfound label family to create an official remix that’s even doper than the original. Black Hippy partners-in-rhyme ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock jump on the atmospheric beat to complement the headliner’s feverish bars with some fast-paced rhymes of their own. Neither the remix nor its model are attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Isaiah Rashad’s plans as he settles in at TDE.
Written by richard on 10/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.