Last month, rhymesayer Isaiah Rashad stepped into The DJBooth with his first feature of 2013, promotional single Shot You Down. The record won widespread reader acclaim thanks to Antydote and Chris Calor‘s smooth production, as well as the Tennessee representative’s aggressive mic work. Now signed to Top Dawg Entertainment, the artist takes advantage of his newfound label family to create an official remix that’s even doper than the original. Black Hippy partners-in-rhyme ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock jump on the atmospheric beat to complement the headliner’s feverish bars with some fast-paced rhymes of their own. Neither the remix nor its model are attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Isaiah Rashad’s plans as he settles in at TDE.
Written by richard on 10/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.