Absent from our pages since December of 2012, when he earned positive reader reviews for Hii (F**k Love), Isaiah Rashad is back in the Booth with guns blazing and a fresh promo single in tow. Premiered yesterday by Hot 97’s Peter Rosenberg, Shot You Down finds the Tennessee native unloading his highest-caliber lyrical ammunition into “sensitive n**gas,” “Hypebeast p*ssies” and other undesirable characters. In contrast to the rapper’s aggressive, feverishly-flowed verses, producers The Antydote and Chris Calor keep it chill behind the boards, layering idyllic flute/guitar loops over a languid percussion rhythm. Has this bullet-riddled, yet blissfully mellow selection left you hungry for more? Then stay tuned; Shot You Down isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Rashad’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/19/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.