Absent from our pages since December of 2012, when he earned positive reader reviews for Hii (F**k Love), Isaiah Rashad is back in the Booth with guns blazing and a fresh promo single in tow. Premiered yesterday by Hot 97’s Peter Rosenberg, Shot You Down finds the Tennessee native unloading his highest-caliber lyrical ammunition into “sensitive n**gas,” “Hypebeast p*ssies” and other undesirable characters. In contrast to the rapper’s aggressive, feverishly-flowed verses, producers The Antydote and Chris Calor keep it chill behind the boards, layering idyllic flute/guitar loops over a languid percussion rhythm. Has this bullet-riddled, yet blissfully mellow selection left you hungry for more? Then stay tuned; Shot You Down isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Rashad’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/19/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.