Absent from our pages since December of 2012, when he earned positive reader reviews for Hii (F**k Love), Isaiah Rashad is back in the Booth with guns blazing and a fresh promo single in tow. Premiered yesterday by Hot 97’s Peter Rosenberg, Shot You Down finds the Tennessee native unloading his highest-caliber lyrical ammunition into “sensitive n**gas,” “Hypebeast p*ssies” and other undesirable characters. In contrast to the rapper’s aggressive, feverishly-flowed verses, producers The Antydote and Chris Calor keep it chill behind the boards, layering idyllic flute/guitar loops over a languid percussion rhythm. Has this bullet-riddled, yet blissfully mellow selection left you hungry for more? Then stay tuned; Shot You Down isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Rashad’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/19/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)