Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Fresh off celebrating his addition to the Top Dawg stable with a Jay Rock/ScHoolboy Q-assisted remix of recent single Shot You Down, Isaiah Rashad keeps it in the TDE family on his latest promo cut, Ronnie Drake. Recently-signed R&B songstress SZA provides a cool, collected hook to complement the Chattanooga rhymesayer’s verses, which find him mixing lyrical snapshots from the hustle with reflections on the continuing impact of racism in America. The Antydote produces the record’s moody keyboard-loop backdrop. Isaiah Rashad doesn’t currently have any projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” to view Isaiah’s Fredo Tovar and Scott Fleishman-directed Ronnie Drake visual.
Written by richard on 11/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.