Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Fresh off celebrating his addition to the Top Dawg stable with a Jay Rock/ScHoolboy Q-assisted remix of recent single Shot You Down, Isaiah Rashad keeps it in the TDE family on his latest promo cut, Ronnie Drake. Recently-signed R&B songstress SZA provides a cool, collected hook to complement the Chattanooga rhymesayer’s verses, which find him mixing lyrical snapshots from the hustle with reflections on the continuing impact of racism in America. The Antydote produces the record’s moody keyboard-loop backdrop. Isaiah Rashad doesn’t currently have any projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” to view Isaiah’s Fredo Tovar and Scott Fleishman-directed Ronnie Drake visual.
Written by richard on 11/22/13
A splash of modern rap combined with vintage sounds and styles has proven to be a reliably successful, although difficult to execute, strategy in hip-hop, a genre deeply rooted in nostalgia. Mix an old automobile (say, a 1993...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.