Don’t worry; though Isaiah Rashad‘s first Booth feature and latest buzz single is Part III of a larger story, listeners should have no trouble jumping into the story in medias res. Here, The Antydote serves up a low-key, bell-piano instrumental to back the Chattanooga, Tennessee rhymesayer as he recounts his struggle to surmount societal inequities while dealing with the fallout of his own bad decisions. Does this bracing, cinematic jam leave you craving more? You can find Part III (along with, presumably, parts I and II), on Rashad’s Pieces of a Kid EP, due out this August.
Written by richard on 05/1/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fake Trill" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.