Don’t worry; though Isaiah Rashad‘s first Booth feature and latest buzz single is Part III of a larger story, listeners should have no trouble jumping into the story in medias res. Here, The Antydote serves up a low-key, bell-piano instrumental to back the Chattanooga, Tennessee rhymesayer as he recounts his struggle to surmount societal inequities while dealing with the fallout of his own bad decisions. Does this bracing, cinematic jam leave you craving more? You can find Part III (along with, presumably, parts I and II), on Rashad’s Pieces of a Kid EP, due out this August.
Written by richard on 05/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fake Trill" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.