No album, mixtape or free project has streamed through my headphones this year, more than Isaiah Rashad‘s Cilvia Demo. And there is no track on Cilvia that I have listened to more than Heavenly Father. Therefore, there is no other record I have listened to more than Heavenly Father since the calender read January 1. After racking up a multitude of first day and first week listens, one might think that this effort had run it’s course, but now, with a new set of visuals attached, the standout gets to breathe new life. With a blunted, laid-back flow, Isaiah gets introspective, reflecting on his relationship with his father, being a twenty-something, and his (many) vices. The performance is personable and low-key and his honesty will really win you over; so too will the wintery video. If you haven’t already grabbed the TDE signee’s debut offering, do so here; you won’t regret it. I wasn’t kidding when I said it’s the best project of 2014.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Childish Gambino - STN MTN
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.