Heading into 2014, all eyes are on TDE. SchoolBoy Q‘s Oxymoron sounds like it could be one of the biggest albums of the year, and Kendrick also has a new LP in the works. Amid all this excitement over Top Dawg‘s top dogs, don’t forget about their newest emcee, Isaiah Rashad; he, too, has a project on the horizon. The latest song release off #Cilvia is an ode to legendary H-Town emcee Scarface, so it is only fitting that the record has a Southern flavor. Handling production duties on Brad Jordan, Danny Dee cooks up a shrouded beat with a winding Southern vibe. Atop the top shelf production, Rashad sounds like a true TDE-er, showcasing a crisp flow accented by some quirky, intriguing inflections. Michael Da Vinci assists on the guest tip. There has been no announced release date for #Cilvia but, as the calendar flips to ‘14, we’ll be sure to keep you posted on the project.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.