Heading into 2014, all eyes are on TDE. SchoolBoy Q‘s Oxymoron sounds like it could be one of the biggest albums of the year, and Kendrick also has a new LP in the works. Amid all this excitement over Top Dawg‘s top dogs, don’t forget about their newest emcee, Isaiah Rashad; he, too, has a project on the horizon. The latest song release off #Cilvia is an ode to legendary H-Town emcee Scarface, so it is only fitting that the record has a Southern flavor. Handling production duties on Brad Jordan, Danny Dee cooks up a shrouded beat with a winding Southern vibe. Atop the top shelf production, Rashad sounds like a true TDE-er, showcasing a crisp flow accented by some quirky, intriguing inflections. Michael Da Vinci assists on the guest tip. There has been no announced release date for #Cilvia but, as the calendar flips to ‘14, we’ll be sure to keep you posted on the project.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/30/13
A splash of modern rap combined with vintage sounds and styles has proven to be a reliably successful, although difficult to execute, strategy in hip-hop, a genre deeply rooted in nostalgia. Mix an old automobile (say, a 1993...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.