Heading into 2014, all eyes are on TDE. SchoolBoy Q‘s Oxymoron sounds like it could be one of the biggest albums of the year, and Kendrick also has a new LP in the works. Amid all this excitement over Top Dawg‘s top dogs, don’t forget about their newest emcee, Isaiah Rashad; he, too, has a project on the horizon. The latest song release off #Cilvia is an ode to legendary H-Town emcee Scarface, so it is only fitting that the record has a Southern flavor. Handling production duties on Brad Jordan, Danny Dee cooks up a shrouded beat with a winding Southern vibe. Atop the top shelf production, Rashad sounds like a true TDE-er, showcasing a crisp flow accented by some quirky, intriguing inflections. Michael Da Vinci assists on the guest tip. There has been no announced release date for #Cilvia but, as the calendar flips to ‘14, we’ll be sure to keep you posted on the project.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.