If you lived in NYC during the 80’s or 90’s, you may be familiar with the Smooth Jazz of CD 101.9. While it’s doubtful that producers Trakksounds and Albie Dickson listened to the station during their early years in Texas, their work on Isaac Reid‘s new single, Shinin, suggests otherwise. With a tunnel vision set on sold out arenas and his craft, Reid has finally graduated from grinding to shining on hip-hop’s career ladder. Now he’s using his twang infused, steady flow to tell personal stories that involve Garcia Vegas and flights around the world. Shinin will live on Issac’s upcoming project, Test Of Time, which is due out on April 24. Have a seat and enjoy, as this Southerner continues to write his Cinderella story.
Written by Bryan H on 04/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.