If you lived in NYC during the 80’s or 90’s, you may be familiar with the Smooth Jazz of CD 101.9. While it’s doubtful that producers Trakksounds and Albie Dickson listened to the station during their early years in Texas, their work on Isaac Reid‘s new single, Shinin, suggests otherwise. With a tunnel vision set on sold out arenas and his craft, Reid has finally graduated from grinding to shining on hip-hop’s career ladder. Now he’s using his twang infused, steady flow to tell personal stories that involve Garcia Vegas and flights around the world. Shinin will live on Issac’s upcoming project, Test Of Time, which is due out on April 24. Have a seat and enjoy, as this Southerner continues to write his Cinderella story.
Written by Bryan H on 04/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.