If you lived in NYC during the 80’s or 90’s, you may be familiar with the Smooth Jazz of CD 101.9. While it’s doubtful that producers Trakksounds and Albie Dickson listened to the station during their early years in Texas, their work on Isaac Reid‘s new single, Shinin, suggests otherwise. With a tunnel vision set on sold out arenas and his craft, Reid has finally graduated from grinding to shining on hip-hop’s career ladder. Now he’s using his twang infused, steady flow to tell personal stories that involve Garcia Vegas and flights around the world. Shinin will live on Issac’s upcoming project, Test Of Time, which is due out on April 24. Have a seat and enjoy, as this Southerner continues to write his Cinderella story.
Written by Bryan H on 04/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.