Between having to reset my alarm every few minutes to ensure I don’t oversleep and skipping breakfast every day in favor of ten more minutes of shut-eye, I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t like mornings. When you have the latest from Isaac Reid playing, though, every morning could be a Good Morning. Setting the mood on this freshly-released cut is a soulful, piano-based beat by TrakkSounds, who borrows a sample from The Spinners’ classic I’ll Be Around. Atop the instrumental, Reid gets introspective, exhibiting a crisp, personable flow as he reflects on his father’s departure from his life and the struggles that his close-knit family has gone through. Good Morning, Isaac’s first Booth feature, will be part of his next project, produced in full by TrakkSounds. Watch our pages for further details on the set, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Isaac Reid’s Benjamin Onda-directed Good Morning visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.