Quit asking Isaac Castor and Kinetic when they’re gonna get on. On a freshly-minted joint single, the freestyle series alum formerly known as Gameboi and his behind-the-boards collaborator tell listeners in no uncertain terms, “We On now;” the rest of the game just needs a little time to catch up. The Michigan wunderkind backs up that assertion with some unflappably confident bars, lacing his Motown-repping neighbor’s soulful sample work with a bruising barrage of polysyllabic rhymes: “Rearrange like rhinoplasty when I’m flyin’ past you / Fryin’ rappers ‘cause all you guys lyin’ bastards.” Feeling it? More quality production and hard-hitting guest rhymes await on the beatsmith’s forthcoming solo LP, Frankenstein, due out later this year.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act Right" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.