Quit asking Isaac Castor and Kinetic when they’re gonna get on. On a freshly-minted joint single, the freestyle series alum formerly known as Gameboi and his behind-the-boards collaborator tell listeners in no uncertain terms, “We On now;” the rest of the game just needs a little time to catch up. The Michigan wunderkind backs up that assertion with some unflappably confident bars, lacing his Motown-repping neighbor’s soulful sample work with a bruising barrage of polysyllabic rhymes: “Rearrange like rhinoplasty when I’m flyin’ past you / Fryin’ rappers ‘cause all you guys lyin’ bastards.” Feeling it? More quality production and hard-hitting guest rhymes await on the beatsmith’s forthcoming solo LP, Frankenstein, due out later this year.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act Right" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.