Quit asking Isaac Castor and Kinetic when they’re gonna get on. On a freshly-minted joint single, the freestyle series alum formerly known as Gameboi and his behind-the-boards collaborator tell listeners in no uncertain terms, “We On now;” the rest of the game just needs a little time to catch up. The Michigan wunderkind backs up that assertion with some unflappably confident bars, lacing his Motown-repping neighbor’s soulful sample work with a bruising barrage of polysyllabic rhymes: “Rearrange like rhinoplasty when I’m flyin’ past you / Fryin’ rappers ‘cause all you guys lyin’ bastards.” Feeling it? More quality production and hard-hitting guest rhymes await on the beatsmith’s forthcoming solo LP, Frankenstein, due out later this year.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act Right" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.