Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries came courtesy of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. Following on the heels of reader-acclaimed contributions from ANTHM, Rich Quick and Clyde Shankle, the latest installment comes courtesy of Isaac Castor, the Michigan buzzmaker who brought us Heisenberg back in early October. On High Art Flow, the emcee gets his lyrical Picasso on over eerie, sampled boardwork by Hippie Sabotage. The rapper formerly known as Gameboi is currently hard at work on his High Art LP, which as yet lacks a drop date. Keep it locked for release details on the set, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act Right" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)