With last Sunday’s Breaking Bad finale, Walter “Heisenberg” White cemented his status as one of the most compelling criminal antiheroes since Al Pacino’s Tony Montana. Needless to say, we’ll be hearing his name in hip-hop records for many years to come. The first homage record to hit our front page following the series’ conclusion comes courtesy of Ann Arbor rhymesayer Gameboi, who is now going by his government name, Isaac Castor. Over a Kinetic-produced beat that echoes the show’s moody opening theme, the 19-year-old rhymesayer delivers bars that rival White’s Blue Sky for potency and addictiveness. Castor’s High Art LP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act Right" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.