With last Sunday’s Breaking Bad finale, Walter “Heisenberg” White cemented his status as one of the most compelling criminal antiheroes since Al Pacino’s Tony Montana. Needless to say, we’ll be hearing his name in hip-hop records for many years to come. The first homage record to hit our front page following the series’ conclusion comes courtesy of Ann Arbor rhymesayer Gameboi, who is now going by his government name, Isaac Castor. Over a Kinetic-produced beat that echoes the show’s moody opening theme, the 19-year-old rhymesayer delivers bars that rival White’s Blue Sky for potency and addictiveness. Castor’s High Art LP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act Right" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.