With last Sunday’s Breaking Bad finale, Walter “Heisenberg” White cemented his status as one of the most compelling criminal antiheroes since Al Pacino’s Tony Montana. Needless to say, we’ll be hearing his name in hip-hop records for many years to come. The first homage record to hit our front page following the series’ conclusion comes courtesy of Ann Arbor rhymesayer Gameboi, who is now going by his government name, Isaac Castor. Over a Kinetic-produced beat that echoes the show’s moody opening theme, the 19-year-old rhymesayer delivers bars that rival White’s Blue Sky for potency and addictiveness. Castor’s High Art LP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act Right" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.