As the mercury rises in the ‘hood, inner-city denizens also have to contend with the kind of heat that doesn’t show up on a thermometer. On freshly-minted promo single Dumb Ass Kids, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Kansas City buzzmaker emphasizes just how easy it is for young’ns who go out looking for trouble to find it in the form of a flying bullet. The Audible Doctor‘s halting rhythm section and ghostly, sampled accents accompany the emcee’s cautionary bars, as well as his sung chorus. Irv closes with a little advice for kids round his way who don’t want to end up in a coffin: “Young brother, go get you a summertime job. Go back to to school with some bread.” This potent jam isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the Midwest repper’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 04/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)