As the mercury rises in the ‘hood, inner-city denizens also have to contend with the kind of heat that doesn’t show up on a thermometer. On freshly-minted promo single Dumb Ass Kids, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Kansas City buzzmaker emphasizes just how easy it is for young’ns who go out looking for trouble to find it in the form of a flying bullet. The Audible Doctor‘s halting rhythm section and ghostly, sampled accents accompany the emcee’s cautionary bars, as well as his sung chorus. Irv closes with a little advice for kids round his way who don’t want to end up in a coffin: “Young brother, go get you a summertime job. Go back to to school with some bread.” This potent jam isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the Midwest repper’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 04/7/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)